Change Your Mindset: See 10 Silly Nigerian Beliefs You’ve Heard

There are some certain times in life where all you do is listen and believe people’s talks and suggestions buh as you grow older you tend to laugh it off and make a fool of yourself for believing those tales.
Sitting down reminiscing, you wonder how you never thought twice about those talks which I refer to as beliefs or superstitions.

Don’t let me bore you any longer, let the party begin, these are the 10 beliefs I can pen down.

All Student With Glasses Are Nerds : I remembered during secondary school days whereby we are always “scared” of student with recommended glasses, we tend to believe that all students with glasses are 9ja Albert Einstein, dunno maybe it’s the way they all behave or the way the glasses are being made. Awon eyan Harry Porter.

All Hairy Women Are Wicked: I’ve always wondered how I came about this belief, how does being hairy makes one wicked, is there a particular gene that triggers the wickedness or is “Mama G” Patience Ozokwor also hairy grin grin grin.

Coconut Water/Juice Dulls The Brain: I once saw the ingredients mixed together for intelligence vaccine and coconut water was also listed, how come that sweet juice dulls the brain.

Ijebu People Are Stingy: Ijebu is a local Government area and city located in the South-West Nigeria. I’ve always heard people complain about “The Ijebus”, Ijebu people are stingy, they don’t spend money, they don’t give out cash.

Are they born with “Stingy” gene or there’s a particular trait that brings that up, how come na only them ?? I still can’t fathom the stinginess thing …

Abi one needs to trace KingTom’s background cos errm

Whistling At Night Attracts Snakes: My grandmother once told me that whistling at night attracts snakes and evil sprits, how come ??…
What if am living in banana island where there ain’t no habitat for snakes, will they ( snakes) travel all the way from my village to meet me here in Lagos.

At times I get lost in my thought maybe Lekinz wasn’t my name, maybe am “Mowgli, the Jungle Boy”.

Allowing Bird’s Poo On One’s Head Brings Good Luck/Wisdom: This do cracks me up a lot, I’ve made researches all because of this poo$, does the $HIT contains any supernatural power or the components that makes it up is the same thing Daniel ate in the bible ..

Putting A Piece Of Broomstick On Your Hair Will Cure/Stop Hiccups:
This also applies to wool, there are many times in high school those days where you see students with a piece of broomstick and you wonder if that’s a new trend or fashion.

I once asked a friend about the broomstick, all he could say was ” I hear sey e dey stop am and me self don try am, na true buh if you dey ask me to tell you how, I can’t categorically tell you cos my Oga at the top self no tell me .. That’s all”.

Every Northerner Is Either A Shoemaker Or A Kiosk Owner( Northerner):
I don’t know maybe people do forget that one of the richest black man in Africa is a northerner abi ALIKO DANGOTE hails from the west part of Nigeria.

Seeing a kiosk owner, one’s first word is “Northerner”, I know Northerner means my friend buh here in Lagos and other part of Nigeria it is been translated as Mallam or Hausa, what if the kiosk owner is Baba Biliki or Baba Mulikat.

Anyone With “Crazy Hairstyle” Is Irresponsible: The word crazy above doesn’t mean the crazy from Oxford Dictionary, it was cropped out from Lekinz 2015th edition dictionary.

I can’t tell you the definition cos my Oga at the top can decide to change it in the coming edition but will give examples, people with hairstyles like Gallas, dread etc are being refer to as irresponsible folks, because I decide to barb one part and leave the other parts am irresponsible .. So if I decide to have a cut like Papa Ajaso’s. Am termed responsible

Comments